The Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo is an annual event held in Colorado Springs, Colorado. What sets it apart is its stunning location at the base of the majestic Pikes Peak mountain, part of the Rocky Mountains range. Standing at over 14,000 feet above sea level, Pikes Peak provides a breathtaking backdrop that adds to the excitement of the rodeo.
|Norris Penrose Event Ctr, Colorado Springs, CO
|Tuesday, July 11th
|Saturday, July 15th
With a history dating back to the early 1900s, the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo has a rich heritage. It originated in 1937 as a fundraiser for the local Chamber of Commerce and has since grown into one of the largest and most renowned rodeos in the country. It attracts top competitors from around the world while staying true to its Western roots and commitment to the community.
About The Rodeo
The upcoming 2023 event will span four days, from July 11th to July 15th, featuring daily rodeo performances and special events. The rodeo enjoys a strong partnership with the PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association), ensuring the participation of top athletes and maintaining professional standards. Last year, the inaugural NFR Open replaced the RAM National Circuit Finals held in Kissimmee, Florida. Known for its lucrative nature, the event rivals the Reno Rodeo in terms of rewards. More than 200 contestants from all 12 U.S. rodeo circuits and Canada will gather at the Norris-Penrose Event Center, competing in five rounds over the course of the four days.
The Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo is an extraordinary experience that combines the thrill of rodeo events with the natural beauty of the surrounding landscape. It continues to captivate audiences and leave a lasting impression on all who attend.
Thrilling Rodeo Performances
The Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo delivers top-notch rodeo action, making it a must-see event on the west coast. Enjoy both matinee and evening performances, providing ample opportunities to satisfy your rodeo cravings. For evening performances, the grounds open at 4:00 p.m., with the rodeo commencing at 7:00 p.m. Matinee performances start at 12:00 p.m., with the grounds opening at 10:00 a.m. Parking is free, adding convenience to your rodeo experience.
Exciting Mutton Busting
A major highlight for kids is the exciting mutton busting event, held daily. Preliminary rides occur at 4:00 p.m. from Tuesday to Saturday nights, and at 10:00 a.m. for the Friday and Saturday matinees. The finals take place during each rodeo performance, adding an extra level of anticipation and excitement.
Fan Zone & Vendor Extravaganza
If you arrive early, take the opportunity to explore the lively Fan Zone and browse through a variety of vendors. The event offers much more than shopping, with pony rides, longhorns, a barrel train, a petting zoo, roping demos, and even a horse-drawn wagon ride. Immerse yourself in the vibrant Western atmosphere before the rodeo action begins.
If you’re wanting to enjoy the beer and wine garden, there will be live music every day as follows:
- Kevin Austin—Playing Tuesday, July 11 and Wednesday, July 12
- Ashtonz—Playing Thursday, July 13
- Wirewood Station—Playing Friday, July 14 and Saturday, July 15
Sustainability and Environmental Commitment
While celebrating Western culture and tradition, the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo is conscious of its impact on the surrounding environment. Organizers prioritize sustainability by implementing practices such as recycling, composting, and water conservation. Collaborating closely with the City of Colorado Springs and local organizations, the event takes steps to minimize its environmental footprint.
Tickets for the 2023 Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo are now available for purchase. Secure your tickets conveniently online or visit the Norris-Penrose Event Center to make your purchase. Ticket prices vary depending on the day and seating area, offering options to accommodate every budget. Don’t miss out on this unique and thrilling event that showcases the best of Western culture and tradition. We hope to see you there!
How to watch
To watch the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo online, you can tune in to “The Cowboy Channel,” which broadcasts the event. Here’s how you can access the broadcast online:
1. Official Website: Visit the official website of “The Cowboy Channel” and check if they provide a live streaming service. Many television networks offer online streaming options for their content.
2. Cable/Satellite Provider: If you have a cable or satellite TV subscription that includes “The Cowboy Channel,” you can usually access the channel’s live stream through your provider’s online portal or mobile app. Check with your provider for more information on accessing their streaming services.
3. Live Streaming Platforms: Several streaming platforms offer access to “The Cowboy Channel” as part of their channel lineup. Examples include Sling TV, DirecTV Stream, and fuboTV. Visit the respective websites of these platforms to explore their channel packages and see if “The Cowboy Channel” is included.
4. Streaming Services with DVR: Some streaming services, such as YouTube TV and Hulu + Live TV, offer DVR capabilities. If “The Cowboy Channel” is included in their channel lineup, you can sign up for these services and record the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo to watch at your convenience.
5. Check for Free Trials: Some streaming platforms offer free trial periods. Take advantage of these trials to access “The Cowboy Channel” and watch the rodeo for free during the trial period. Just be sure to cancel the trial before it converts into a paid subscription if you do not wish to continue.
Remember, availability and access to “The Cowboy Channel” may vary depending on your location and streaming platform. It’s recommended to visit the official website of “The Cowboy Channel” or contact your cable/satellite provider to get the most accurate and up-to-date information on accessing their online streaming services. Enjoy watching the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo online!
Don’t miss the incredible Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo, where the thrill of rodeo events merges with the enchanting beauty of the surrounding landscape. From the majestic Pikes Peak backdrop to the rich history and commitment to the community, this rodeo offers an unforgettable experience for all attendees. Join us and witness the heart-pounding action at this renowned Western event in Colorado Springs.
For more rodeo news visit: NFRupdates.com