Redding Rodeo is back for 2023! It is one of the largest rodeos in Northern California. 75th Redding Rodeo will be held on May 17th through May 20th Redding, California. The event features traditional rodeo competitions such as bull riding, barrel racing, calf roping, steer wrestling, team roping, and more. Here’s a simple guide to watch Redding Rodeo 2023 live stream schedule, date, time and more.
|Venue||Redding Rodeo Grounds, Redding, CA|
|Date||May 17th – May 20th, 2023|
|Broadcast||The Cowboy Channel, CowboyChannelPlus|
How to watch Redding Rodeo 2023?
The Redding Rodeo livestreamed from May 17th through May 20th, 2023 and performances live on The Cowboy Channel and Cowboy Channel +. The Cowboy Channel now available on Dish Network-232, Direct TV-603, Cox-260 anytime, and anywhere.
The Cowboy Channel:
- AT&T (Channel 566)
- Charter Spectrum
- Sling TV’s Heartland Package
- Verizon FiOS TV
To find out if RFD-TV and THE COWBOY CHANNEL are available in your area, please click here and enter your zip code also choose your Pay TV provider.
Cowboy Channel +
Stream The Cowboy Channel programming live, watch past episodes of your favorite shows, and follow all the latest rodeo action. The Cowboy Channel Plus is available for only $9.99 a month or save up to 25% and purchase the whole year for $89.99. To sign up for the PRCA on The Cowboy Channel Plus app, visit www.cowboychannelplus.com.
- Web: Any web-connected desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone using the latest version of Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Safari, Edge, or Internet Explorer.
- Mobile App: If you have an iPhone or iPad, search for “Cowboy Channel +” in the App Store.
- TV: If you have an Apple TV (4th generation) or Roku, search for “Cowboy Channel +” in the App Store or in the Roku Channel Store.
Redding Rodeo Schedule
May 13 | Redding Rodeo Steak Feed and Dance | 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM at the Redding Rodeo Grounds
- A Fun Filled evening with good food, good music, and good friends. BBQ Steak, cowboy beans, baked potato, salad, and bread. Add a refreshing beverage and what better way to start Rodeo Week
May 16 | Hall of Fame Gala | Tickets are 2 for $75 or 1 for $40.00
May 17 | Redding Rodeo Wednesday Extreme Bulls and Barrels | 7:00 PM at the Redding Rodeo Grounds
May 18 | Redding Rodeo Thursday Family Night | 7:00 PM at the Redding Rodeo Grounds
May 19 | Redding Rodeo Friday Tuff Enough to Wear Pink | 7:00 PM at the Redding Rodeo Grounds
- Asphalt Cowboys Pancake Breakfast | 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM in Downtown Redding
- Chicks N Chaps 2023 | 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM at the Redding Rodeo Grounds
May 20 | Redding Rodeo Saturday Armed Forces Night | 7:00 PM at the Redding Rodeo Grounds
- Redding Rodeo Parade | 10:00 AM in Downtown Redding
75th Redding Rodeo Events
The Redding Rodeo features a variety of traditional rodeo events, including:
- Bareback Riding: This event requires a rider to stay on a bucking horse for eight seconds while holding onto a leather rigging with one hand.
- Saddle Bronc Riding: In this event, a rider uses a specialized saddle to stay on a bucking horse for eight seconds.
- Bull Riding: A rider tries to stay on the back of a bucking bull for eight seconds while holding onto a rope tied to the bull’s body.
- Barrel Racing: In this event, a horse and rider race around a cloverleaf pattern of barrels, with the fastest time winning.
- Steer Wrestling: This event involves a rider jumping off a horse and grabbing a running steer by the horns, then wrestling it to the ground.
- Tie-Down Roping: A rider on horseback tries to lasso a running calf, then dismount and tie the calf’s legs together as quickly as possible.
- Team Roping: In this event, two riders on horseback work together to lasso a steer, with one rider roping the steer’s head and the other roping its hind legs.
These events are judged based on time and technique, and the riders with the best scores or fastest times are declared the winners. The Redding Rodeo also features specialty acts, such as trick riding and bullfighters, to entertain the audience between events.
- Steak Feed & Dance: $25
- Xtreme Bulls & Barrels: $20
- Thursday Family Night: $25
- Friday Think Pink Night: $30
- Saturday Military Night: $35
- 2023 Hall of Fame Dinner (May 16th): 2 for $75 or 1 for $40.00
About Redding Rodeo
The Redding Rodeo started in 1949 and has been held every year since then, with the exception of 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The rodeo is held at the Redding Rodeo Grounds, which has a seating capacity of around 12,000 people.
In addition to the rodeo competitions, the Redding Rodeo also features a parade, a western art show, a carnival, and live music performances. The event attracts thousands of visitors each year and is a major highlight of the Redding community.