Houston Rodeo is back for 2023! The 91st Annual Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo will be held on Tuesday, February 28th – Sunday, March 19th, 2023 in Houston, Texas. This is the world’s largest livestock exhibition and rodeos in the world, attracting over two million visitors each year! Here’s a simple guide to watch Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo 2023 live stream, channel TV info.
|Venue||NRG Stadium, Houston, TX|
|Date||Feb 28 – Mar 19, 2023|
|Broadcast||The Cowboy Channel, CowboyChannelPlus|
The event features a variety of activities and attractions, including a livestock show, rodeo competitions, live music performances, carnival rides, and a variety of food and drink options.
How to watch
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo 2023 will now be televised for 20 consecutive nights across three broadcast networks. Bally Sports Southwest, The Cowboy Channel and TeleXitos Houston, a sister station to Telemundo Houston, will deliver Houston Rodeo live stream from Feb. 28-March 19. The three networks will cover the 20-day event. The Cowboy Channel’s RURAL RADIO, Channel 147 on Sirius XM, will also include live coverage. The event will also be livestreamed via Telemundo Houston, as well as online.
2023 RodeoHouston Schedule
|Super Series I, Round 1||Tuesday, Feb. 28||6:45 p.m.|
|Super Series I, Round 2||Wednesday, March 1||6:45 p.m.|
|Super Series I, Round 3 and Super Series I Championship||Thursday, March 2||6:45 p.m.|
|Super Series II, Round 1||Friday, March 3||6:45 p.m.|
|Super Series II, Round 2||Saturday, March 4||3:45 p.m.|
|Super Series II, Round 3 and Super Series II Championship||Sunday, March 5||3:45 p.m.|
|Super Series III, Round 1||Monday, March 6||6:45 p.m.|
|Super Series III, Round 2||Tuesday, March 7||6:45 p.m.|
|Super Series III, Round 3 and Super Series III Championship||Wednesday, March 8||6:45 p.m.|
|Super Series IV, Round 1||Thursday, March 9||6:45 p.m.|
|Super Series IV, Round 2||Friday, March 10||6:45 p.m.|
|Super Series IV, Round 3 and Super Series IV Championship||Saturday, March 11||3:45 p.m.|
|Super Series V, Round 1||Sunday, March 12||3:45 p.m.|
|Super Series V, Round 2||Monday, March 13||6:45 p.m.|
|Super Series V, Round 3 and Super Series V Championship||Tuesday, March 14||6:45 p.m.|
|Semifinal 1||Wednesday, March 15||6:45 p.m.|
|Semifinal 2||Thursday, March 16||6:45 p.m.|
|Wild Card 1||Friday, March 17||6:45 p.m.|
|Wild Card 2||Saturday March 18||3:45 p.m.|
|RODEOHOUSTON® Super Series Championship *||Sunday, March 19||3:45 p.m.|
Houston Rodeo 2023 Payout
|Total Payout: per event||$242,000|
|Super Series Payout: Five series, per event||$22,500|
|Round Payout: Three rounds per series, per event||$7,500|
|Semifinals Payout: Two Semifinal rounds per event||$6,750|
|Wild Card Payout: Two Wild Card rounds per event||$7,750|
|Fifth and Sixth Place||$500 (each)|
|Championship: One payout/round per event||$100,500|
|Fifth – 10th Place||$2,500 (each)|
|Total RODEOHOUSTON® Payout||$2,178,000|
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Concerts Lineup
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2023 – Parker McCollum
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023 – Brooks & Dunn
- Thursday, March 2, 2023 – Lauren Daigle
- Friday, March 3, 2023 – Bun B
- Saturday, March 4, 2023 – Walker Hayes
- Sunday, March 5, 2023 – Zac Brown Band
- Monday, March 6, 2023 – Jason Aldean
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023 – New Kids on The Block
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023 – Jon Pardi
- Thursday, March 9, 2023 – Ashley McBryde
- Friday, March 10, 2023 – The Chainsmokers
- Saturday, March 11, 2023 – Turnpike Troubadours
- Sunday, March 12, 2023 – La Fiera de Ojinaga
- Monday, March 13, 2023 – Cody Jinks
- Tuesday, March 14, 2023 – Machine Gun Kelly
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023 – Kenny Chesne
- Thursday, March 16, 2023 – Chris Stapleton
- Friday, March 17, 2023 – Cody Johnson
- Saturday, March 18, 2023 – Brad Paisley
- Sunday, March 19, 2023 – Luke Bryan
Houston Rodeo BAR-B-QUE Cookoff 2023
It is one of the largest and most popular BAR-B-QUE competitions in the world, attracting thousands of people each year.
The Cookoff is a three-day event that features more than 250 teams competing in various categories, including brisket, ribs, chicken, and chili. The teams, which are made up of cooks and pitmasters from all over Texas and beyond, spend months preparing for the event, perfecting their recipes and techniques in order to impress the judges and take home the top prizes.
In addition to the BAR-B-QUE competition, the Cookoff also features live music, dancing, and other entertainment, as well as plenty of food and drink for attendees to enjoy.
The livestock shows at the Houston Rodeo are a major highlight of the event, featuring thousands of animals from all over the country. These shows are a chance for breeders and ranchers to showcase their best animals and compete for top honors and prizes.
There are several different livestock shows at the Houston Rodeo, including:
- Cattle Shows: These shows feature beef cattle, dairy cattle, and other types of cattle from a variety of breeds. They are judged based on factors such as appearance, size, and weight.
- Swine Shows: These shows feature pigs from a variety of breeds, including Yorkshire, Hampshire, and Duroc. They are judged based on factors such as muscle tone, structure, and overall appearance.
- Sheep Shows: These shows feature sheep from a variety of breeds, including Dorset, Hampshire, and Suffolk. They are judged based on factors such as wool quality, muscle tone, and overall appearance.
- Goat Shows: These shows feature goats from a variety of breeds, including Boer, Spanish, and Pygmy. They are judged based on factors such as muscle tone, structure, and overall appearance.
Overall, the livestock shows at the Houston Rodeo are an important part of the event’s tradition and history, showcasing the best of US agriculture and the hard work and dedication of farmers and ranchers from around the country.
Overall, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is a beloved tradition in Texas, celebrating the state’s rich culture and bringing together people from all walks of life to enjoy rodeo, great food, music, and fun.